What is Pixilation?
Pixilation is a stop-motion technique especially used for animated “life” actors. A pixilation animation consists of a series of postures in front of the camera. A stationary camera records a posed human subject who moves to new positions between frames. The actor becomes a kind of living stop-motion puppet.
Clay/Puppet animation is a very powerful and charming form of animation.
What are the similarities of clay and puppet animation?
- freestanding and able to support their own weight
- they have movable joints that can hold any position
- they are well executed with remarkable detail
- they can be viewed from 360 degrees
- they use the stop-motion technique